Senior Electrical Engineer
We are seeking to fill a position of Senior Electrical Engineer as a leading member of a multi-disciplinary team working on designing, implementing and delivering our systems and solutions. The Senior Engineer is responsible for developing engineered systems and technologies, in addition to ensuring the success of the product life cycle from concept to production release. The successful candidate will have experience in designing complex electronics systems, selecting components and designing circuitry, and low volume/high value manufacturing and assembly support. The role requires sophisticated sourcing expertise in order to ensure quality supply of components and fabricated parts. In addition, the Senior Engineer is responsible for support of demanding project needs for highly technical complex systems deployed in locations throughout North America. The position is located in Jacksonville, Florida and reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
We specialize in developing, implementing and supporting integrated advanced technology systems to address complex business challenges. Our core proprietary technologies incorporate artificial intelligence applications, including video analytics-based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies, for a wide range of global customers. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.duostech.com/.
• Analyzes customer specifications, engineering sketches and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangements of system components for customer proposals
• Prepare specifications and drawings, write control system descriptions, perform start up and commissioning activities with minimal input from other personnel
• Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks
• Develop cable schedules, conduit layouts and details from customer standards and specifications in accordance with NFPA, NEC, e.g.
• Design/develop Complex Instrument Control Loops, Instrument/Electrical Installation Details, Instrument location Drawings, Control Schematics, Conduit Routing, and Control Panel Layouts.
• Prepare electrical design calculations for sizing of cable and conduit including conduit fill
• Perform voltage drop calculations, overcurrent protections and establish grounding requirements per NEC
• Consult with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled completion of the project.
• Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes, drawings and specifications into a “package”, enabling electrical/instrumentation purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing.
• Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for electrical and instrumentation input.
• Developing construction specifications.
• Reviewing fabrication drawings and other construction submitals for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications.
• Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
• Perform electrical field inspections to assess existing conditions prior to design and during construction to review compliance with Contract Documents.
• Work independently on smaller projects and assist more-senior engineers on large projects
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field required, MS preferred
o 10+ years of Electrical Engineering experience in the fields below is desired:
o Optical systems
o Computer vision systems
o Large scale complex electronic hardware deployments for critical infrastructure (defense related, security, rail, oil and gas)
• Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Working knowledge of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) associated with the installation of instruments, sensors, and equipment.
• Ability to complete work consistently, with moderate flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by PMs, Contractors and Regulators
• Demonstrated design and development portfolio of complex technical projects
• Demonstrated ownership of challenging problems—taking responsibility for sourcing, designing and developing solutions and championing those solutions within a team
• Motivated self-starter, who is comfortable working alone or in a team environment
• The ability to direct engineering teams to execute detailed engineering development work plans
• Ability to effectively communicate cross-organization and work well in a small, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated client management skills for project/product management support as well as training and regular interpersonal communication with customers
• Demonstrated ability in handling, resolving, and communicating complex technical issues (as well as conflict) in real-time using strong analytical and communication skills
• Excel in negotiation skills and technical analysis with vendors or internal resources to determine best fabrication/work path for product development and delivery
• Demonstrated sourcing expertise ensuring quality supply for critical path/long life products—management of vendors and internal resources
• Execute program plans by using tools identified in the planning phase and by auditing the results of their use to align the program outcomes with stakeholder expectations and standards
• Experience in project management and use of project management tools is preferred
• Experience in the transportation or rail/railroad industry is a plus
• Experience with failure analysis is a plus
• Experience with quality management is a plus
• Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values
• Strong writing and verbal skills
Generous compensation package with incentives based on performance. Benefit package includes paid group health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and sick days. In addition, we offer low cost vision, accident, and critical illness plans along with an Employee Assistance Program.
To apply please submit a detailed resume, and if qualified, our Human Resources will administer a mandatory questionnaire.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a pre-employment drug screening and background check.