April 15th, 2019 9:43pm
Duos Technologies is seeking to fill the full-time position of Project Accountant. The Project Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions pertaining to ongoing projects. Dependability and consistent attention to detail is critical. A major part of meeting this responsibility lies with the Project Accountant maintaining accurate records for ongoing projects. The Project Accountant must have experience in Project Management accounting practices, must be organized, detail oriented, thorough, and dependable. This is a challenging position that requires professional skills and the ability to deal with people effectively.
We specialize in developing, implementing and supporting integrated advanced technology systems to address complex business challenges. Our core proprietary technologies incorporate artificial intelligence applications, including video analytics-based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies, for a wide range of global customers. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.duostech.com/.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Manage full cycle accounts payable process related to projects by reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation/coding and approval prior to receiving in project accounting system
- Review and post weekly time sheets and expense reports for ongoing projects
- Assist project and program managers with weekly actual vs. budget reporting
- Maintain project status report for all ongoing projects
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential
- Assist Chief Accounting Officer with month-end close with project estimates to complete and comply with ASC 606 for revenue recognition on projects
- Keep excellent records; update system, file all documents, and keep a detailed account of all projects
- Research and resolve billing issues; contact vendor and resolve outstanding issues related to projects
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty or 3-5 years of experience in project accounting
- Knowledge of accounting practices relating to Project Management
- Highly detailed, motivated, and strong sense of urgency
- Organized and energetic team-player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ease
- Excellent MS Office skills to include Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar ERP software
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, determine priorities as projects arise, and ensure that all projects get completed in a timely manner
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
To apply please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and if qualified, our Human Resources will subsequently administer a mandatory questionnaire.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.