Rail and Transportation Business Development Manager
June 20th, 2017 2:17pm
We are a leading provider of multi-layered intelligent systems. Based in Jacksonville, FL, we employ a philosophy of innovation and application of advanced technologies. We specialize in developing turnkey software/hardware systems to address complex challenges with a focus on multiple industries including, but not limited to, rail, oil and gas, law enforcement, among others. Our proprietary applications include video analytics based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies for a wide range of global customers.
The Rail and Transportation Business Development position reports to the Chief Sales Officer. This individual will be responsible for positioning Duos Technologies to facilitate revenue growth by leveraging DuosTech brand products and services, while maintaining the business unit’s sales targets to meet the company objectives. The successful candidate will have extensive rail industry experience to leverage new and existing contacts to develop partner channels in the freight and transit rail markets with specific emphasis in electronic security solutions, automation solutions and operational service applications.
The role requires a detailed oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The candidates’ goals will be accomplished through multiple activities including developing strategies and tactics with the partner for quotes, bids and project or program capture. The candidate will help partners with their differentiation of DuosTech products and services, market penetration, and revenue and margin growth to achieve quota.
- Recruit, acquire, develop and manage key strategic clients and channel partners
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and partners through identification of key decision makers and managing and building relationships in the Rail and Transportation market segment
- Identify and assess potential business opportunities in the Rail and Transportation market
- Support partners with project proposals, bidding and presentations to successfully capture projects
- Support partners by answering complex questions pertaining to product features, functions, licensing, integration and program or project requirements
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by assisting with researching, developing, and maintaining long and short range sales and marketing plans
- Monitor, analyze and communicate monthly sales data and targets
- Drive continual training activities which articulate DuosTech strategic direction, product and technology, sales strategies, go-to-market efforts, demand creation and marketing programs and communications
- Develop an in-depth understanding of DuosTech products, programs, projects and sales methodology
- Work closely with Marketing to provide project and content coordination in support of partner-driven marketing events with support from marketing and channel strategy resources
- Supports key marketing activities necessary to support sales growth, road shows, conferences, tradeshows, sales trainings, and various sales engagement activities
- This position requires extensive travel throughout North America
- 5+ years of experience in sales or channel marketing
- Background in Freight and/or Transit Rail Market is a must
- Experience developing and managing channel partners and programs to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Excellent negotiation skills/techniques with channel partners and clients as well as internal delivery teams for successful execution of sales targets
- Understands how partners make money in a rail and transit channel ecosystem
- Understands how security and integrated products and systems create value for customers
- Understands national and regional technology marketplace requirements and trends
- Knowledge of and contacts within the rail, transit and systems integrator community to facilitate the development of strategic teaming relationships is a must
- Proven ability to navigate through the partner’s organization
- Proven ability to leverage internal and external resources to achieve sales objectives
- Successful track record of relationship management in the freight and transit rail industry
To apply please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and if qualified, our Human Resources will subsequently administer a mandatory questionnaire.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.