We are seeking to fill the position of Field Technician to assist in the deployment, installation, configuration and support of our intelligent technologies at customer sites. This position is based in Jacksonville, Florida. You’ll be responsible for responding to customer issues and providing fast and accurate on-site troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades for their Duos systems. Key responsibilities include applying technical, in-depth troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve a wide range of hardware and software related issues. Applicant needs to have the ability to build outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. We strive to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and, as such, a passion for high-grade customer interaction skills and an understanding of support service level agreements is expected.
When the Field Technician is not traveling the role is required to support the engineering department with product testing, maintaining the test lab, and R&D of new products.
We specialize in developing, implementing and supporting integrated advanced technology systems to address complex business challenges. Our core proprietary technologies incorporate artificial intelligence applications, including video analytics-based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies, for a wide range of global customers. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.duostech.com/.
• Incident resolution through product configurations, technical knowledge, hands-on testing, troubleshooting and low voltage troubleshooting experience
• Troubleshoot third-party devices and platforms that interact with our connectivity products
• Up to 70% Travel throughout North America
• Educate and train internal departments and external customers about the products key features and service offering
• Assist Engineering and Operations with product deployment, configuration and installations
• Familiarity with fiber and copper
• Ability to terminate cat5e/cat6 T-568A/B standards
• Ability to change IP addresses on cameras and embedded network devices
• Competent in low voltage AC/DC systems
• Ability to understand wiring schematic and system diagrams
• Competent in low voltage cabling and conduit
• Ability to lift 75lbs
• Good problem-solving skills
• Installs, modifies, and troubleshoots circuits
• Determines and places distribution panels, junction boxes, fittings and connections and installs wiring, couplings, conduit, relays, and other electrical devices.
• Plans and lays out work, tracing hard-to-locate defects or problems and completing repairs and installations with little or no technical advice
• Work is performed both indoors and outside in a variety of weather conditions and requires standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing
• Understanding of AC/DC power distribution and digital/analog circuitry
• Associates degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience and certifications
• 1-3 years’ experience in an electrical, technical, industrial support environment, or similar
• Bi-lingual a plus; English and Spanish
• Journeyman electrician is a plus