We are seeking to fill a position of Electrical Engineer as a leading member of a multi-disciplinary team working on designing, implementing and delivering our systems and solutions. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing engineered systems and technologies, in addition to ensuring the success of the product life cycle from concept to production release. The successful candidate will have experience in designing complex electronics systems, selecting components and designing circuitry, and low volume/high value manufacturing and assembly support. The role requires sophisticated sourcing expertise in order to ensure quality supply of components and fabricated parts. In addition, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for support of demanding project needs for highly technical complex systems deployed in locations throughout North America. The position is located in Jacksonville, Florida and reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations.
We specialize in developing, implementing and supporting integrated advanced technology systems to address complex business challenges. Our core proprietary technologies incorporate artificial intelligence applications, including video analytics-based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies, for a wide range of global customers. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.duostech.com/.
• Analyzes customer specifications, engineering sketches and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangements of system components
• Prepare specifications and drawings and write control system descriptions with minimal input from other personnel
• Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks
• Develop cable schedules from customer standards and specifications in accordance with NEC.
• Design/develop Complex Instrument Control Loops, Instrument/Electrical Installation Details, Instrument location Drawings, Control Schematics and Control Panel Layouts.
• Prepare electrical design calculations for sizing of cable
• Perform voltage drop calculations, overcurrent protections and establish grounding requirements per NEC
• Consult with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled completion of the project.
• Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes, drawings and specifications into a “package”, enabling electrical/instrumentation purchase inquiries to be issued for procurement of materials or subcontract pricing.
• Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for electrical/instrumentation input.
• Perform electrical field inspections to assess existing conditions prior to design and during construction to review compliance with Contract Documents.
• Work independently on smaller projects and assist more-senior engineers on large projects
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field required
o 5+ years of Electrical Engineering experience in the fields below is desired:
o Optical systems
o Computer vision systems
• Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Working knowledge of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) associated with the installation of instruments, sensors, and equipment.
• Ability to complete work consistently, with moderate flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by PMs, Contractors and Regulators
• Demonstrated design and development portfolio of complex technical projects
• Demonstrated ownership of challenging problems—taking responsibility for sourcing, designing and developing solutions and championing those solutions within a team
• Motivated self-starter, who is comfortable working alone or in a team environment
• Ability to effectively communicate cross-organization and work well in a small, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability in handling, resolving, and communicating complex technical issues (as well as conflict) in real-time using strong analytical and communication skills
• Demonstrated sourcing expertise ensuring quality supply for critical path/long life products—management of vendors and internal resources
• Experience in project management and use of project management tools is preferred
• Experience in the transportation or rail/railroad industry is a plus
• Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values
• Strong writing and verbal skills
Generous compensation package with incentives based on performance. Benefit package includes paid group health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and sick days.
To apply please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and if qualified, our Human Resources will subsequently administer a mandatory questionnaire.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.