VP of Field Operations
The VP of Field Operations is a leader of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for implementing, delivering, testing, installing and maintaining our turnkey intelligent technology systems and solutions. Specifically, the role includes deployment of our systems in the field and ensuring efficient execution of field installations in addition to ensuring the successful maintenance of installed systems over time. The successful candidate will be fluent in English and Spanish, have a bachelor’s degree in either electrical engineering, computer science or related technical field, with significant experience in managing multiple high stakes projects and program managers. This position is based at our Jacksonville, FL headquarters and reports to the President and COO.
We specialize in developing, implementing and supporting integrated advanced technology systems to address complex business challenges. Our core proprietary technologies incorporate artificial intelligence applications, including video analytics-based security applications, intelligent process controls, and information technologies, for a wide range of global customers. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.duostech.com/.
• Interacts with customers to understand their expectations and translates objectives to our internal engineering and project teams as well as to subcontractors and vendors
• Directs and manages full scale project plans and project life-cycles after the design/engineering phase and executes field deployment, testing and post installation technical support
in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Oversees complex IT, telecom and electrical system deployments
• Provides engineering expertise in the areas of site selection, preparation, design engineering, and maintenance
• Manages teams of subcontractors on large scale physical construction projects, coordinating schedule and actions
• Recommends methods, materials and layouts for improvements based upon feedback from field operations and customer requirements
• Directs the preparation of detailed installation engineering designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates and quantity estimates for product/system deployment
• Develops RFPs and bid documents including Statements of Work (SOW) for sub-contractors and vendors and leads, coordinates and recommends to senior management contract awards
• Reviews subcontractor’s submittals and work products to ensure compliance with required scope of work and deliverables
• Generates internal and external progress reports and interacts with customers to coordinate schedules and activities during project deployment
• Develops/implements maintenance reporting schedule
• Ensures thorough, timely, and efficient documentation of processes, while ensuring all company field procedures and protocols are observed
• Cooperates with technical team and shares information across the organization
• Comprehends customer expectations and makes appropriate recommendations
• Clearly communicates expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• High level of enthusiasm, strong integrity, and excellent organizational and communications skills
• Electrical Engineering, computer science or related technical degree—Masters degree preferred
• Seven (7) + years’ experience in related engineering field with management experience
• An emphasis on candidates with Field Engineering, Field Deployments, Electrical Field Systems, General Contracting, Telecom and IT Project Deployments, and similar field experience
• Extensive project engineering/project management hands-on experience in the field is a must
• Experience with building projects that include power systems, low/high voltage system design, digital I/O.
• Experience in machine vision system technologies, or video surveillance are a plus
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
• Travel, as appropriate and necessary, to support projects and product development efforts
• Solid understanding of electric and communication infrastructure, IT, and telecom technologies
• Familiarity with commonly used tools and engineering applications
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to elicit cooperation from other departments
• Experience with rail technologies or operations would be a significant plus
Generous compensation package with incentives based on performance. Benefit package includes paid group health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and sick days.
To apply please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and if qualified, our Human Resources will subsequently administer a mandatory questionnaire.
Duos Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.